Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

dazza1639

Moving To Affinity Photo

I have recently made the move from a copy of photoshop CS2 to Affinity Photo. I am glad that I did, it has given me the push to try and get to grips with mono imaging in narrowband. Here are a couple of recent images taken with my Atik One 6.0 with baader 7nm HA & OIII filters, through my Equinox 80 pro scope anf Televe TRF2008 0.8x reducer flattener. These are my first go at HOO, and I struggled a bit with how to combine channels in Affinity, it's not as straight forward as pasing the mono images into each channel like photoshop, but once I got the hang of the new workflow and the differences with masks, I think I prefer it.

PacmanNebula.thumb.jpg.22971f96083fafeb78e7687a18d37f1a.jpg1766130823_CrescentNebula.thumb.jpg.ddbb91e8b308c32b3c5c1e4e8a0c05c3.jpg

Darren

• Like 4

I’ve never heard of Affinity Photo, I will look it up! 
great images BTW! I particularly like your Crescent! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thanks Bryan, Affinity Photo is a photoshop like program from Serif, its only £48 as apposed to £9.99 per month for photoshop.

......and its been extensively reviewed this year in 'Astronomy now' magazine by Nik Szymanek.

I've missed reading some of it, so hopefully they will do some sort of complete publication covering it all.

Anyway, if its good enough for Nik.....