Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kid friendly Binoculars

matt-c

Took the little one to a darkish camp site last night and she was in awe at the sky and seen her first "shooting star" which was the cherry on the cake.

She's suggested some binoculars to help her out but i spend most my time imaging and clueless about visual so need some help.

I've bought some opticron 10x50 for myself as they seem highly regarded for price/quality any idea of something similar for an 8 year old? 

Ideally something that won't break the bank as it might not stick but sething good enough to show her whats there?

Thanks 

Matt

What about the Opticron 8x42 bit smaller and lighter than your 10x50

these are waterproof

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/opticron-binoculars/opticron-adventurer-42mm-t-wp-binocular.html

or a bit cheaper but not waterproof

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/opticron-binoculars/opticron-adventurer-porro-8x40-binoculars.html

• Like 1

One thing to consider is her IPD, can she comfortably use your current bino?

You may find the range to pick from limited if her IPD is narrow tho a DCF or roof type may well work just fine. Likewise some of the reverse-porro designs like the Pentax UCF may suit better with regards ergonomics.

• Like 1