SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher skymax 90

Hi, i was thinking of getting a skymax 90 as a grab and go scope. Has anyone used this scope and how good is it. Would I be able to fix this to a standard camera tripod or should i go for the package which comes with an eq1 mount and tripod. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, jambouk said:

It’s cute, but still has a relatively long focal length so needs something stable to hold it, and track. Depends what you want to look at. Personally I’d go for a refractor for a small grab and go.

Thanks, what about this one Skywatcher Startravel 102 EQ1 Telescope

Az is easier to use in terms of understanding how the mount moves and switching from one object to the next and initial setup. Eq is easier once set up if you want to track a single object for a long time. 

With regards to the scopes, the Mak is mostly a planetary and lunar scope, while the startravel line are best at low power, wide views of star fields and large DSOs. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...