SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NINA with Pulsar Observatory?

steppenwolf

Hi Steve, thanks for that - I was aware of the non-native support for Pulsar but I was thinking of using POTH as the driver as it works independently to sync the dome with the mount. However, I was concerned that there may be some interaction issues.

16 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

I was also interested in looking at the NINA software. But, unfortunately, at this time, it does not offer Dome Control.

@sloz1664 Hi again, Steve - DOH!! I haven't thought this through properly........ yes I can get slaving sorted but, of course, as you have indicated I still can't open and close the aperture or couple and de-couple the dome!! The search for a replacement to CCD Commander continues which is such a great pity as NINA shows amazing promise for just about everything else except perhaps running external scripts at the beginning of a session rather than just at the end of a sequence.

42 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

@sloz1664 Hi again, Steve - DOH!! I haven't thought this through properly........ yes I can get slaving sorted but, of course, as you have indicated I still can't open and close the aperture or couple and de-couple the dome!! The search for a replacement to CCD Commander continues which is such a great pity as NINA shows amazing promise for just about everything else except perhaps running external scripts at the beginning of a session rather than just at the end of a sequence.

Hi Steve, Sorry to disappoint you. Although, there has been talk in the NINA community of adding observatory control and hopefully this includes full dome control.

Steve

On 27/09/2020 at 09:53, sloz1664 said:

Hi Steve, Sorry to disappoint you. Although, there has been talk in the NINA community of adding observatory control and hopefully this includes full dome control.

Steve

Thanks, Steve, I shall watch the progress of the NINA project with interest.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes, you'll need to download and install one of the nightly builds. iIn NINA Dome Equipment settings, select "Device Hub Dome" and then click the config button to the right.

Capture1.PNG.36cf7c91b28278f9bc3f901d2543067d.PNG

The Device Hub Dome Setup window is displayed. Click "Choose"...

Capture2.PNG.d0745406738da995a85fec3dd87bd992.PNG

The ASCOM Dome Chooser will pop up, select "Pulsar Observatories Dome" and click "Properties"...

Capture3.PNG.c7940d4d3f1dee850b64e49bd8d49527.PNG

Select the COM port associated with your Dome or click "Search" to find it automatically.

Capture4.PNG.7df97c739276d8062412583a5d8df91a.PNG

Having accepted these settings, the dome should connect in NINA. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I haven't tried NINA, but Having just had my pulsar dome built. I can heartily recommend The Ascom Device hub fir easy of use. 

It’s literally as easy as installing your scope and dome drivers, then instal the device hub…  plug some measurements in and the pressing the connect buttons for the scope and dome.

It handles all the slaving and what-not. 

I was really worried about  getting the dome and scope to automate in sync but the device hub made it a breeze. 

Edited by Steve Loy