Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR Prices.

meade-jnr

2nd hand from ebay .. yes.. its quite possible.. look out for a canon 300D

Hi Luke,

Yup plenty of 300D's on there at the moment and they usually go for that price range. There are some there asking over the odds on "buy it now" listings.

Don't forget to ask the seller how many pictures (or shutter activations) it's taken. A bit like asking the mileage of a new car. The average life of a 300D is around 50,000 shutter activations according to the photography forums (100k is very good).

HTH

Bill£ :)

Getting an idea of shutter releases was something Caz advised me to try and find out before I bought a camera.

Unless the seller has reset the image counter then that could tell you??

I understand that with the Canon the total shutter activations is hidden in the file that stores the image tech info (??EXIF file). I think you can download EXIF reader software on the internet, this can look at the hidden files?? A service centre or Canon dealer could probably do it for you as well??

However the seller is hardly likely to do this for you so basically you would just be relying on their honesty :) . Bit like the mileage on a second hand car!!

HTH

Bill£ :)

Ah thanks for the advise. And yes i will be connecting it up with the Lappy. . Many people i know have 350D's and 400D's. . And i have been looking out for a 300D. . But will a Nikon (Or something like) be good to connect to the Lappy and general Astro Use?

Luke

There's a brand new 300D at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Digital-SLR-EOS-300D-CAMERA-CHEAP-FAST-SHIPP-UK_W0QQitemZ250362205442QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item250362205442&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Body onky but that means its buy it now price is in your range and you sont need a liense if you are attaching to scope (but do if you want widefield)

Phil

Archived