SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NCG7000 - Askar ACL200 test image #2

Uranium235

Ive been sitting on this data since last weekend, havent been feeling so great this week (baaad insomnia) which kinda took the wind out of my sails (unable to concentrate/think/operate normally). But today hasnt been so bad, so my clarity of thought has improved enough for me to process it properly with flats/bias.

Thankfully, after a bit of tinkering and very patient focusing - Ive got this working at f4 with corners that are more acceptable (to me).... hurrah! :) 

14x900 (Astrodon Ha)

Askar ACL200, NEQ6, QSI683

Thanks for looking! :)  

50380638136_97103023c6_o.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Stardust said:

very nice, i've just done the same with a samyang 135, good to see a comparison 

Yep, that little bit exta FL does buy you more detail. Possibly more if you shoot it to the point of being noise free (maybe 6 hours), then drizzle, process, and resample downwards.

4 hours ago, peter shah said:

wow thats stunning Rob

Thanks Peter, I reckon I could push it up another notch if I add three more hours in Ha, then a bit of OIII for some cannistra colour. Ive not used an OIII filter with the Askar yet, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.