Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Andy274

Difference between cameras with the same sensor

So I never expected to generate this kind of debate when I posted my musing - I can say after a patchy night of imaging due to fabulous North West England weather & a full moon that the camera is a game changer.  

There are lots of images taken using flooding in & in now convinced that it is not worth spending the extra £400+ on the QHY or ZWO offerings given they need dessicant tablets & leak oil in the case of the ZWO.

In Steve's xbox tv analogy I kind of think it's established already that altair, qhy & zwo are the Samsung, LG & Sony equivalent so all are quality products.  Your lucky to have received your series x too - still waitng on mine 😒

9 hours ago, Andy274 said:

... altair, qhy & zwo are the Samsung, LG & Sony equivalent

🤔 🙂 😇 

Still haven't encountered a single ZWO camera with oil on the sensor. If one day we do, we'll clean it free of charge.

... the extra £400+ on the QHY or ZWO offerings

Currently the price difference (between the ToupTek and ZWO) is not £400+, it is £184. 

Your lucky to have received your series x too - still waitng on mine 😒

I haven't received one either. Unfortunately nobody has an XBOX Seres X console in stock but Halo is delayed so I don't mind waiting 😁 

Steve