Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pelican Nebula / Herbig-Haro Objects - Full SHO

Mr_42tr0nomy

Hey Everyone-

The Pelican Nebula - A Full SHO Rendition

It has been a long, long time since I have posted any photos or posts on here.. or any forum, really.  Glad to be exploring some the works of art again. Anyway..

The smoke cleared this weekend and provided me with some excellent seeing conditions from Cincinnati. I’ve gathered about 12 total hours on this gorgeous emission nebula using my asi1600mm and 10” F/3.9 Newtonian. The area photographed is being sculpted by immense solar winds created from nearby stars and is truly a chaotic and evolving nebula
It is a truly humbling sight to see dense pillars of gas, light years tall, pop up on your computer screen after a night of setting up. I may not have access to the dark skies that I used to but I will never, ever let that stop me from imaging the universe and the jaw dropping beauty that it beholds.

I really hope you enjoy and would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

Equipment:
Cem60
10" f/3.9 Newtonian
Asi1600mm-p
Astrodon 3nm Ha/Oiii/Sii
ZWO EAF

Pelican Nebula quattro SHO final.jpg

Pelican Nebula quattro SHO final crop 1.jpg

Edited by Mr_42tr0nomy
  • Like 27

Sometimes things just come together beautifully - all equipment working in harmony, fantastic subject matter and superb processing of the data. This one ticks all the boxes for me. Great result/depth for less than 12 hours data 👍

• Thanks 1