Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Jarvo

Mars 22/09.

Hi All. 

First one of the night. Sharpness of detail is my bugbear at the moment. If I over process it looks false. 

Taken with the C9.25, QHYIII 290c, 2x Apo Barlow. 

I’ve taken six files in total. Going to have a go at derotation next. Wish me luck. 

Steve

80BB7986-DCB8-43A1-831E-218DC002AFD3.jpeg

Edited by Jarvo
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Some nice details visible, good luck with the WinJupos derotation.

A fair image there, are you using an ADC with your colour cam!

I would forget WJ at this stage unless you are experienced with it , I use it occasionally, makes good data better but can make poor data worse! You have a good setup & the C9 can punch above its weight on a good day, the processing can also make or break a good capture!

7 hours ago, si@nite said:

A fair image there, are you using an ADC with your colour cam!

I would forget WJ at this stage unless you are experienced with it , I use it occasionally, makes good data better but can make poor data worse! You have a good setup & the C9 can punch above its weight on a good day, the processing can also make or break a good capture!

Thanks si@nite. Looking at the output of 3 of the 6 .ser files I don’t think derotating will add anything. 

I’m manually deselecting bad frames from each 4000 frame file so it’s taking a bit of time. Not convinced Registax takes out all the chaff. 

• Like 1