SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 & M43 North Cornwall UK

AstroNebulee

I connected my canon 450d to my skywatcher explorer 150p eq3-2 on Sunday night forvthe first time, so forgive the shoddy image, I managed to gain focus well sort of focus and took some flats and darks I think that's right, stacked them in deep sky stacker and then in photoshop for this final image, only a very quick go at stacking as so tired, I've got a copy of 'making every photon count' now and it's such a great book that will help me in my astrophotography as a total newbie and I know my set up isn't the best for astrophotography. 

IMG_20200922_195637.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueStinger said:

Nice one. I'll be spending lots of time on Orion as the year draws to a close. Can't wait!

Thank you, I've been waiting for Orion to come into view for ages now and like you will be spending lots of time on it, learning the ropes of astrophotography, clear skies 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prolifics said:

I hope you don't mind i tried to get more information out of your image.

Image11.jpg.b8bac3bec806ef3a117e4a2fd025c6a7.jpg

Hi, no I don't mind atall, that looks great thank you, my image was the first I've tried doing properly with my new to me dslr and scope then editing so any help is much appreciated, my image was 5 normal shots (flats I think) and 5 ones with the cap on (darks I think), the whole process of deep sky imaging is new to me my dslr is unmodded as want to learn how to use it first. 

• Like 1