Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star test questions

21 minutes ago, Pixies said:

Are you getting a direct replacement?

They will fix or replace. I hope they can fix - got quite attached to it!

Either way I'll be chuffed - I was thinking that the 'scope was quite a good compromise for a complete Goto solution that weighs just over 6.5Kg (that's 'scope, mount AND tripod for 6.5Kg!) but the hints of it's true ability on Mars just blew me away.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got my telescope back yesterday! 

There's no arguing with the below, is there? If it looks slightly out, that's my wobbly hand with my phone camera. I've tried to zoom in as far as I could digitally to show the accuracy of the collimation - It's bang on! Mirror clips all equally showing, hole in middle of doughnut etc etc...  

Unfortunately there also seems to have been a load of clouds in the box. Never mind - Mars hasn't got far so hopefully they will dissipate soon and I can try it out!

Thank you @FLO!

image.png.fe78338afb7c384a08ed9f4cfb06845c.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pixies said:

Excellent (the scope, not the clouds). Did FLO say what they had to do?

Didn't say! Just got a mail from Steve on Thursday saying it was collimated and on its way home.