SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

550D vs 600D

Pryce

So I've seen a lot of people say that the 600D is better for astrophotography, but as far asI can tell they use virtualyidentical internals. Including the same sensor. Other than the movable LCD screen I cant actually see any difference between the two.

Can anyone tell me exactly what makes the 600D better for AP?  

9 minutes ago, Pryce said:

So I've seen a lot of people say that the 600D is better for astrophotography, but as far asI can tell they use virtualyidentical internals. Including the same sensor. Other than the movable LCD screen I cant actually see any difference between the two.

Can anyone tell me exactly what makes the 600D better for AP?  

As mentioned its the articulated screen...the 550D does have an ace up its sleeve though as it can record a 1:1 crop video for Planets.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13

27 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

As mentioned its the articulated screen...the 550D does have an ace up its sleeve though as it can record a 1:1 crop video for Planets.

Alan

So basically, since I'll be using APT and will not be doing planetary imaging at all it doesn't really matter?

8 minutes ago, Pryce said:

So basically, since I'll be using APT and will not be doing planetary imaging at all it doesn't really matter?

If you are always going to be using APT then it might not matter too much but the image you get on the camera screen is better.

Alan

On 21/09/2020 at 22:19, Alien 13 said:

Alan

Doesn't the 600 do that as well? It's certainly capable of some kind of crop for planetary imaging. 

Articulated screen is VERY useful even if you are imaging on a laptop / computer. I use it coupled with live view and a bhatinov mask to confirm focus while I'm at the rig rather than going too and fro from laptop to rig etc.