ZWO ASI 120mm guide camera

Optolong LeNhance

Image capture in APT, guiding with PHD2, dithered, EQMOD

Stacked in DSS, processed with Siril and Photoshop

Critique welcome :)

Eastern Veil.jpg

Edited by Stuf1978
  • Like 6

Very nice! Hope one day I reach that level. I'm currently using Nebulosity and Siril for stacking to compare, and I have the impression the result with siril is better. A pitty there's not much info around about post-processing with siril. Though the "Photometric color calibration" is really impressive (the info about it I've found on youtube from Cuiv, the lazy geek:

AstroRookie

Edited by AstroRookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AstroRookie said:

Very nice! Hope one day I reach that level. I'm currently using Nebulosity and Siril for stacking to compare, and I have the impression the result with siril is better. A pitty there's not much info around about post-processing with siril. Though the "Photometric color calibration" is really impressive (the info about it I've found on youtube from Guiv, the lazy geek)

AstroRookie

Thank you, I'm still a relative newbie and still find processing a struggle. Info is hard to come by for Siril but for this image I only performed photometric colour calibration and banding reduction in Siril. The rest (curves and levels etc) was done in Photoshop :)

Edit: Nice link :) Will give it a watch later

Edited by Stuf1978

9 minutes ago, scitmon said:

7 min subs in Bortle 8 with a DSLR!? no filters used?  I would have thought you would get massive over-saturation at that length?

Oops missed the Optolong L eNhance filter 😄

Additionally I'm taking the Bortle 8 from Clear Outside although I have a suspicion my sky is slightly better than that :)

Edited by Stuf1978

1 hour ago, m.tweedy said:

I am just up the road from you and it will be marginal if its any better than Bortle 8. Well done on a great image

Thanks, yeah it's marginal at best. I'm on the outskirts of Sunderland South so I'm generally shooting away from most of the light pollution from the city centre which I suspect helps slightly.