Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glorious Mars

mikeDnight

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Fabulous! But you must have a case of sore neck? Did you notice a reasonable development in the viewing without the diagonal?

Great sketch!

Thanks Steve, and everyone else for your kind comments. I can't say for certain that the view was any better than it would be with a diagonal, but because the night was an improvement on most other nights recently, I could be tempted to say yes, though it might not be technically true. I was quite comfortable though, because my pier is tall and the mount head about 6 feet from the ground, so I could sit comfortably on my swivel chair and just soak up the view.

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 1

Beautiful sketch Mike. I also had probably my best view of this apparition but much later than you around 1am UT. I managed a quick sketch before the skies filled in once again during the early hours, which I hope to post in the next day or two.   Best wishes Chris.

Edited by BRADLEY 1953
error in text
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BRADLEY 1953 said:

Beautiful sketch Mike. I also had probably my best view of this apparition but much earlier than you around 1am UT. I managed a quick sketch before the skies filled in once again during the early hours, which I hope to post in the next day or two.   Best wishes Chris.

I'll eagerly look forward to seeing your sketch Chris. ☺