30 secs banner.jpg

Bought this mount for a cheap price and I found out that there is something missing...maybe a gear???

I need your expertise on where to get parts for my  mount or anyone who can 3D print the parts? 

119847091_3074515602657418_8160917443600944667_n.jpg.e709fe8a714064b0290ed03b8d8c93d7.jpg

20200920_202929.jpg

Edited by hukay
Added another photo

I don't own this mount so I can't say for sure. It looks like there is a small brass gear on the right side of the "head".

I would think this engages with a large, fixed gear that would be mounted to the base (missing in your picture). That way when the small drive gear starts moving it rotates the AZ axis with a significant gear reduction. This is probably the mechanism that sits in the "bowl" section in Gfamily's picture.

Edited by Dan-el
3 hours ago, Dan-el said:

I don't own this mount so I can't say for sure. It looks like there is a small brass gear on the right side of the "head".

I would think this engages with a large, fixed gear that would be mounted to the base (missing in your picture). That way when the small drive gear starts moving it rotates the AZ axis with a significant gear reduction. This is probably the mechanism that sits in the "bowl" section in Gfamily's picture.

I believe that the missing part is the gear. Do you have any idea where to buy those large gear?

33 minutes ago, hukay said:

I believe that the missing part is the gear. Do you have any idea where to buy those large gear?

Might be worth while to contact Skywatcher USA directly. I think there might be some more mounting hardware missing than just the gear so they are the best bet for having the parts you need.

4 hours ago, Dan-el said:

Might be worth while to contact Skywatcher USA directly. I think there might be some more mounting hardware missing than just the gear so they are the best bet for having the parts you need.

Will try to email them. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tompato
      So I have had these Skywatcher Slow Motion Cables for all of 5 minutes and after the damn thing fell off the a second time in as many minutes I tightened it better and the screw sheared off. Fantastic. Any ideas? Drill it out I guess? Send angry correspondence to Skywatcher.
      Its now stuck to my Scopetech Mount Zero.

• By Maideneer
      For the life of me, I cannot figure this out.  Got to take out my setup last night for only the second time as it's been cloudy for weeks and I've been trying in vain to align my Skywatcher AZ-GTi mount to no avail.  I'm using it in ALT-AZ mode for now, and I've probably researched every article and watched every Youtube vid I could find and still nothing is working...I feel like I'm stupidly dense or something because there is something just not clicking in the cranium.
      I thought I was supposed to point the dang thing north to start so that's what I did, err, I think anyway.  Am I pointing the wrong end north? See picture.  Also, I'm reading that the actual scope has to be mounted a certain way on the mount correct?  Which way would that be?  I've read all of this left/right stuff and those directionals mean nothing to me as it depends on someone's viewpoint.  When I aimed north to start, I attempted to align by directing SynScan to go to the Moon first, and that took it so far off course it wasn't even close, it was basically pointing at the ground.  I reset and tried again with another start (Vega I believe)...again, wasn't even in the realm of close.  I made sure my location settings were correct in the app so that wasn't the issue.
      Here's how I got something to "work".  I had it track to the moon and when it was essentially pointing at the ground and who knows how many degrees from my actual target, I picked the whole thing up, turned it around, manually aligned to the moon and then clicked OK on the app.  I felt like a ridiculous clown doing that but somehow it actually managed to do the trick but something tells me that isn't right on a long term basis.
      I'm thinking about getting SkySafari to control the mount but I should probably master the basics first.
      Tips/tricks appreciated.

• By Geordie mc
      Skywatcher illuminated reticule eyepiece. It has a red crosshair pattern. I think it’s 24mm rather than the newer 12.5mm models. Great condition. Looking for £35 including postage from France. Thanks.

• By StargazerUK
      Hi All,
      I am currently researching which setup to purchase as my first proper scope (once they are back in stock).
      I thought I had settled on the Skywatcher Explorer 130ps AZ GTi but then I saw the Skywatcher Star Discovery 150i for just a little more money.
      Could anyone please tell me the difference between the 2 OTA's (other than the different aperture size), and also the difference between the 2 mounts?
      I realise that the AZ GTi can be modified to run in EQ mode whereas the Star Discovery can't.
      Can the Star Discovery view all the way to the zenith or does the OTA catch the mount or tripod before it gets there?

Thanks
    • By tooth_dr
      I've been trying to image a couple of galaxies per night, one pre and one post flip.  On early Saturday morning at 1:30am I changed over to M82, and acquired 63 x 3 mins subs, OSC, totalling 3 hours and 9 minutes of data. 
      Camera: ZWO 2600MC at -10 deg C, gain 100, offset 50
      Telescope: Skywatcher 250PX (blue tube), 1200mm F4.7
      Mount: Mesu e200
      Guiding: ZWO OAGv2, 290MM, PHD2
      Filters: None
      Software: APT for capture, APP and PS for processing

I havent really had a chance to get much use out of this camera since I bought it in December, and I havent processed many OSC images before.  I've a bit of work to do, but still very happy with the quality of the data for just 3 hours of integration time.  I would like to add some Ha to this, but purposely didnt bother during the recent clear spell, as it was moonless nights and I gathered some broadband data on other targets instead.

CC welcome.
      Adam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.