Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another scope cover thread

I got myself one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MNJVPJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

My use case is just to cover the scope and mount in situ aligned etc... at the end of a night if the next night looks like a promising.

I would say this is big enough to fully cover most 4-6" refractors and a large mount, it has clips which can be attached to the tripod, and some straps to fix everything in place.

There's a knack to putting it on if you're on your own, and it will make some noise when you do, otherwise quite easy to put on if there's more than one person.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

My neighbors are also aware and although I do my best to be quiet as possible, I still make unavoidable noise including my GoTo mount slewing. Some noise is inevitable no matter what you do. Neighbors tend to close their windows in the winter so I would be surprised if they ever heard anything 

I thought your mount (EQ6-R-Pro) was pretty quiet? What are your slew speeds?

I got hold of a single duvet cover last night and pinned it up to the approx. dimensions above.  Firstly, although it's cotton (which doesn't help) it was snagging on everything that sticks out. With my balance weight at the end of the bar it would be very close whether the above would work or not. On length it should be OK, but probably need a 2-4 inches more on width.