Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Every Witch Needs a.......

Tim

....Broom!

It's the time of year for grabbing The Witches Head, and Roundycat has a superb image of her in this section. But she's a little low over the rooftops for me to capture, so I thought I could help her out by providing transport.

Using registar I stacked three seperate unprocess stacks of the veil nebula, just to see how well it coped with unstretched data. An hour of this was taken by my 11yr old as unguided subs. All is through the WO72, with and without focal reducer, and canon 350D imaging.

Another feather in the cap of the humble DSLR, wouldn't you say?

Proper version here (10.9mb) > http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/109

Thanks for looking.

TJ

11812_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A combined effort Heh, and a very salubrious one too TJ. A splendid result, and of course you are right regarding the role of the DSLR amongst the Astro Imaging fraternity today. It has proved it's capability way beyond expectation I would say.

I had a walk in Wilkinsons Cameras, and enquired as to the availibality of second hand units.

He told me there was a 350D for sale with a lens for £179. I still hesitated, simply because I need to see what the Olympus can do.

Ron.

Yup, combined in that it was three sessions, two focal lengths. All my subs this time though. I'll gladly add in any extras if anybody want to send them my way.

I think the thing is Ron, that most software will work with Canon's RAW files, which is what oyu want to be working in. Not sure about the Olympus?

I'd have snapped up that 350D and got it converted :)

I sort of regretted not diving in immediately, it comes with a three month warranty.

Funds are iffy at the mo though. After paying the cc bill for the 190 Mak/Newt.

I could get the camera, and afford the Mod too, but with Hereford looming, Astrofest still not booked. Either Astrofest, or Hereford will be sacrificed I guess. And I do want badly to get to Hereford, so as I am in London in August for a week, I need to cull Astrofest. Heart breaking. I loved it last year.

Ron. :crybaby:

Archived