SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SynScan to NEQ6 DIY cable pinout?

jonathan

I have a SynTrek with my NEQ6 and that suits me fine, I presently have the opportunity to try out a SynScan handset however I do not have the appropriate cable as the SynScan uses RJ45 whereas the NEQ6 uses a DB9.  Does anyone know where I can find the appropriate pinout to make a cable, or if the cable is super cheap where I can buy one pre-made?  Don't want to just guess at the pin assignments if it could wreck stuff.  Thanks.

Edited by jonathan

Looks good, thanks, though it would be nice to know if there's any kind of comms standard they're following or if it's 100% proprietary.

I see FLO have a good looking one made by Lynx Astro, might be a better option as it comes with a long coiled cable as well which I wouldn't have in a DIY effort.  Hmm, might have to do some selling on eBay to generate the funds!

41 minutes ago, Seelive said:

Based upon the number of posts I've seen, Skywatcher control boards seem to be pretty easily damaged by possibly incorrect connections.

Yes, I've noticed that too which is why spending the money on a pre-made one is sounding more appealing.

Hi Jonathan,

You can get a replacement handset cable from FLO.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/lynx-astro-premium-handset-cables-for-sky-watcher-eq6-or-neq6-syntrek-pro-mounts.html

Not overly cheap but better than a blown up Mother Board and I don't think you will find a better one, or cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Lonestar70