Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ekos-Whats this do ?

MarkAR

According to the manual, it does, although I have never used this feature. It should not be used together with the scheduler. The clock display next to the start button is a count down timer.

More info here

https://stellarmate.com/support/ekos/17-support/documentation/ekos.html

Edited by wimvb

I don’t think it does. The idea is to create your capture list. Save it as “insert target here” then go to the scheduler, import it, then fill in the rest of the settings 

I don’t use scheduler at the moment I just set my alarm to wake me when the capture run has finished then manually park and shut down/dismantle 

I pressed the button............................Danger Will Smith !

Got the warning about not pressing the button while scheduler is active so I pressed the stop button.

This is a bit light on documentation, sounds like it will do what I want it to do but why throw up the scheduler warning when the scheduler is not running. 

Maybe try pressing start, then set up your imaging runs, then go to bed and have a restless nights sleep worrying about it.

The normal workflow for the scheduler is to take exposures until any one of its stop criteria is met. If you activate the park sequence while scheduler is running, this will ruin the sequence. There is no checking in the scheduler that the park time is set. Ie, if you plan to use scheduler, you should give it ultimate control over your rig.
As I understand it, the time park feature is  exactly the way you described. If you don’t use the scheduler, but want to park your mount unattended at the end of an imaging session, you would use this feature. Remember that Ekos consists of modules that were developed independently. The idea behind indi is that drivers and clients can be distributed. You can use one client for mount control, another for camera control, and yet another for guiding. But for each client to know what any other client (module) is doing at any time, would be difficult to implement. Consiser Ekos to be a toolbox where each module is an indi client, rather than Ekos being a single program. You only use those Ekos modules/clients you want, and can use other software/clients at the same time for other tasks.

If you have Pixinsight, for example, you can use both Ekos and the indi module in Pixinsight at the same time to control your mount, or camera. Now THAT’s a recipe for disaster.

Edited by wimvb

Cheers Wim, so I could have just pressed the button and gone to bed then.

As it was I decided to stop my run and set up a schedule, only to find that by the time it was starting up the clouds were running in so packed up.

Edited by MarkAR