Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mount adapter stuck

Joaquin69

They should have included an Az axis lock so you could lock it solid when fitting or removing an adaptor.🤔

Removing the circuit boards to gain access to the Az would be easy. However getting all the cables plugged back in and seated correctly might cause problems. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

They should have included an Az axis lock so you could lock it solid when fitting or removing an adaptor.🤔

Removing the circuit boards to gain access to the Az would be easy. However getting all the cables plugged back in and seated correctly might cause problems. 

I am already shaking. No way am i going that1😅

OK,

looking at John’s image it would be appear that the mounting socket is threaded into the base casting.

It looks like the clutch assembly is not holding the base securely enough for the adaptor to be unscrewed...

Is it possible to confirm this by looking into the “gap” between the mount and the adaptor while trying to unscrew the adaptor to see if the “base” is turning with it.

If so, then the design seems to rely on the clutch assembly to hold the base solidly enough to release the adaptor screw.

Bumma!

4 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

OK,

looking at John’s image it would be appear that the mounting socket is threaded into the base casting.

It looks like the clutch assembly is not holding the base securely enough for the adaptor to be unscrewed...

Is it possible to confirm this by looking into the “gap” between the mount and the adaptor while trying to unscrew the adaptor to see if the “base” is turning with it.

If so, then the design seems to rely on the clutch assembly to hold the base solidly enough to release the adaptor screw.

Bumma!

I cant say i fully understood you (sorry my bad😇) but grasped a bit. Could you please tell me what are my options, in pratical terms ? Other than openning the pandora box🤣🤣?

Joaquin

With your solid adaptor can you use the screwdriver, or a steel rule between the adaptor and the edge of the base to "jam" against the base section while turning the adaptor?

Or access the base through the slot in the adaptor??

Edited by Merlin66

On 19/09/2020 at 19:36, Merlin66 said:

With your solid adaptor can you use the screwdriver, or a steel rule between the adaptor and the edge of the base to "jam" against the base section while turning the adaptor?

Or access the base through the slot in the 

9 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Joaquin,

Did you have any success????

Sorry. No, no success at all. Tried with a scredriver but it wont give. Thank you very much anyhow

I am no handyman at all, and the idea of ruining the mount kills me. Besides i was fortunate to get a good unit, very accurate and reliable with gotos  (others had less luck). Better off not pushing my luck. Thanks and sorry for my belated answer

Edited by Joaquin69