Narrowband

A first-ever wip hash at the Heart

vineyard

Hello,

I tried the Heart for the first time late last week.  At first I thought I had dew problems (a different thread on SGL) then I thought it was flats/OSC offsets problems (another thread on SGL) until @vlaiv came to the rescue & explained it was darks problems b/c of changing OSC offsets.

So I went back to the Heart data & tried my luck.  Here it is, v-e-r-y amateurishly tinkered with (& downsampled).  Too grainy, not clean or serene at all. Needs a heck lot more data (& for me to improve my skills) - this is 2h55 of integration.

Stay safe all,

Vin

Heart Nebula_wip_2h55 integ.png

• Like 2

This has been stacked with DSS?

DSS sometimes has some issues with calibration. I have no idea why is that, but I think it is better to maybe do your calibration separately and then stack calibrated files in DSS.

Like a month ago, I took some wide field shots with DSLR (not something that I usually do) and DSS totally messed up calibration and stacking. There was horrible vignetting and clipping of colors. When I did it on my own - result was actually sort of usable. In any case issues with clipping and vignetting were gone.

40 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

This has been stacked with DSS?

DSS sometimes has some issues with calibration. I have no idea why is that, but I think it is better to maybe do your calibration separately and then stack calibrated files in DSS.

Like a month ago, I took some wide field shots with DSLR (not something that I usually do) and DSS totally messed up calibration and stacking. There was horrible vignetting and clipping of colors. When I did it on my own - result was actually sort of usable. In any case issues with clipping and vignetting were gone.

Yes stacked w DSS.  I'll try calibrating in PI myself first (better start re-reading the how-to book :) ). Tbh I was just happy that the lights weren't all a waste - thanks again for the tip on the darks!

18 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

I would have thought there would be more showing with nearly 3 hours data.

Ah sorry yes I should have said I did star reduction.  The image below was just ABE & HT.

Heart Nebula_wip_2h55 integ_ABE only.png

• Like 1