Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Cheshire

Donnie_76

Evening all, been interested in getting into astronomy for a while and have finally picked up a second hand scope to get started with. Looking forward to reading up on all the info on here and I’m sure I will have many questions to ask of you all. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, A40farinagolf said:

Welcome - I'd recommend that you join a local astro group, there are loads to choose from in Cheshire, I attend one at Delamere. 

One day, we'll meet up again, but because of the development work they've been doing, we may be meeting in the new building- it's all a bit up in the air until we can get back to meeting in person. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starwatcher2001 said:

Welcome aboard SGL, Donnie. Which scope did you bag for yourself?

Thanks, I got a Sky Prodigy 130, not had the chance to use it yet and make sure all works as it should (not that I know what I'm doing with it so I wouldn't know if it was not completely up to scratch 😳) so hopefully a clear night soon 🤞

22 hours ago, A40farinagolf said:

Welcome - I'd recommend that you join a local astro group, there are loads to choose from in Cheshire, I attend one at Delamere. 

is that the Mid-Cheshire Astronomical Group? is it a good club as im looking for one to attend once covid sorts itself out

On 16/09/2020 at 21:38, PaulM said:

is that the Mid-Cheshire Astronomical Group? is it a good club as im looking for one to attend once covid sorts itself out

Yes its a great club and I'd recommend it, we haven't met for quite a while for obvious reasons however we have a monthly zoom call with presentations, sharing photos and news updates etc, its held on the last Friday of the month. Have a look at the facebook page for more info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/243183369351766 

• Thanks 1