Narrowband

ES Comet hunter 152 Mak/New , SW AZ-EQ5GT

Hi there , just a quick question.

I am thinking of getting these (after several weeks of research)

Explore Scientific MN-152/750 6" Maksutov-Newtonain OTA

Skywatcher AZ-EQ5GT Alt Az / Equatorial GOTO Mount & Tripod.

I plan initially to keep my 11inch SCT , we have no garden to observe from, and the problem is we have steep steps on exit, and coz i'm getting older my back ain't what it was  , it's kinda tricky to deadlift a bulky 30 kilo ota/mount and put it into the car. (Then carry it to location,).

Any experience using this mount? I've read up on it, seems great. As for the scope, it's a bit niche, but yields contrasty wide field views. (was tempted with a 6inch doublet, but the CA put's me off).

Seems only Rother Valley (in the UK) have it in stock, and i have sent them an enquiry.

Any info is always appreciated.

Tripod/mount

OTA

Clear skies all !

I can’t comment on the suitability with your proposed scope but I’ve been more than happy with the AZEQ5 in my AP setup. With a WO GT71 is a reasonably easy all in one lift and it’s more than stable enough for wide field AP.