Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

wormix

Astromodification companies

I recently bought a 600D with the express intention of getting it modified. Now the nights are closing in I guess I had better think about following through

2 companies are mentioned frequently;

CheapAstroPhotography

Astronomiser

Is one a stand out from the other?

Also, I’m terms of modification is there any reason to go for full filter vs uv / ir cut filter?

cheers

I purchased my camera from CheapAstroPhotography.  Communication isn't great but very happy with the camera.

Jem

Edited by Snoani

I've used them both to modify my previous cameras (6D done by astronomiser and 600D done by cheap astrophotography). Both were good I thought.

Both have an impeccable reputation within the community and I wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend either. I went to Cheap Astro where Juan did an excellent job. 

I went with astronomiser. Got my camera back in 6 days. Cannot fault that kind of turn around.

Hi I had a new Canon 700D modified by Astronomiser being local to me. Excellent service. I had just the one filter removed and it has suited my needs since then.

Chers,

Steve

I emailed Juan at Cheapastrophotography prior to buying my 600D astromodified. I was going to buy a stock 600D and have him modify it but as it happens I saw a good deal for an astro modded 600D a month or so later, as it happens it turns out that was modified by Juan.

I have to say that comms were good, I got a reply back quickly to both emails I sent.