Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5 Planets in a single session

Woking

A first for me anyway!

SW120 ED from back garden.

Jupiter a little mushy as heading near neighbours house and too early being 8ish. Bands coming in and out with the radiating heat from a lovely Sept day.

Saturn delivered good contrast. Cassini spotted.

Neptune found. A bluey green dot with hint of a disc. Happy with that from suburban skies and glad for the goto.

Couple of hours wait for Mars and best view for a number of years for me. Spent time teasing out surface detail i.e. differing shades of orange, dark grey, and white.

Not long to wait for Uranus to appear from behind the trees and a clear disc. An obvious step up from Neptune  After viewing the Snowball neb earlier it shows why such objects are called planetary nebulae.

Back to Mars again before packing up for the night. Great session in shorts, t shirt and flip flops....summer observing does has it's plus sides!

On a side note I'm wondering about trying all 7 in one night. A future personal challenge maybe. Shame my home sky won't allow Pluto with it being between Jupiter and Saturn at the moment. Not sure if it's possible with my kit either.

Clear skies and stay safe.

• Like 4