Narrowband

Asteroid 16095 in close conjunction with Neptune tonight

Stu

It's fun tracking down Neptune, doable with just binoculars and once you find it at the start of the season it's easy to follow on its travels as the year progresses. But, yeah, m17.7 🤪 

I think that is on the very brink of my sky with my 10" Newt and a stack of deeeep exposures!!

Luckily neither me nor my sky are up to a challenge tonight and, anyway, builders have just poured a new concrete base for a conservatory outside the back door. I'b be sure to take the wrong route back in darkness!

Do I need any more excuses for passing on this one! 😇

• Haha 2

Tee hee chaps, I did say one for EEVA 👍👍😁. I’ve yet to glimpse Pluto, let alone a Mag 17.7 asteroid!

I’ve enjoyed seeing the two outer planets, including during my seven planets in one session back at the end of July.

• Like 2

Perhaps everyone is shell shocked by the news from Venus but I'm sure the first results will be in soon!

As for Pluto, well, I really, really wanted to track it (them!) down this summer but the weather and technical difficulties have put paid to that. That bit of sky, along with Jupiter and Saturn is already out of reach for me telescopically. Unless I install an 8ft pier!

Pluto too is is an EEVA project these days. Camouflaged against a backdrop of countless contenders! Tombaugh had it easy... :)

1 hour ago, Martin Meredith said:

Wall to wall cloud here last night Stu.... but thanks for the heads up. This is indeed just the top of thing EEVA is made for.

Martin

Thanks for dropping by Martin, shame about the cloud 😞. It’s still only a degree away by Friday so maybe some more chances?