SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Shark Nebula withat RASA 8 - finally good seeing

gorann

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That looks super and out of this world for the exposure time.

(My suspicion of the blue patches didn't begin by my not remembering them in other images. Rather it was their shape, colour and distribution which looked artificial, particularly their colour. It was only then that I looked for other images. The odd colour was easily explained later by a simple absence of red.)

Olly

Thanks a lot Olly - made my cloudy day!

2 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Marvellous image Goran..  but could you slow down a bit please ;) .... what's it going to be like for the rest of us when you've got all three systems running!!

Dave

Thanks Dave! I am sure weather will soon decide to slow me down. First imaging chance this week is Thursday. I actually tried running two rigs on Saturday night but the ASI071 I had on the EdgeHD 11 on the Mesu decided to form ice crystals on the chip, so I was left with the RASA. Looked terrible - I have never seen frost that bad and it was on the chip, not the heated window. I will have to open up the camera and dry the tablets. I read somewhere that the ASI071 is less likely to get frost on the chip if it is cooled down in 5°C steps over an hour. That will slow me down a bit.

145381836_Skarmavbild2020-09-13kl_01_57_12.png.4c0a97c28683345276709d0891cc3822.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomato said:

That’s another standard setting RASA OSC image.👏

To me, it’s so deep and detailed it is starting to lose the recognisable Shark profile, (and Jaws is my all time favourite movie).

I see a fish chasing a blue eared rabbit. Anything is possible in clouds, I guess.

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

A lovely shot there Goran, I thought you didn't have much dark at this time of year, you must be up all night.

Alan

Atm the amount of darkness we have is almost the same as the rest of Europe. Next month, we'll have more. The advantage that Göran has is that he lives in that part of the country that is sheltered by the Norwegian mountains. This gives him more clear nights than the rest of us.

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

I see a fish chasing a blue eared rabbit. Anything is possible in clouds, I guess.

Atm the amount of darkness we have is almost the same as the rest of Europe. Next month, we'll have more. The advantage that Göran has is that he lives in that part of the country that is sheltered by the Norwegian mountains. This gives him more clear nights than the rest of us.

I also the the fish and the rabbit after you told me!  I hope your assumption about the Norwegian mountain chain holds true also in our new climate!

Edited by gorann

4 hours ago, tomato said:

That’s another standard setting RASA OSC image.👏

To me, it’s so deep and detailed it is starting to lose the recognisable Shark profile, (and Jaws is my all time favourite movie).

Thanks Tomato! Sorry if the RASA made the shark fall apart - I also worried about that. But talking about falling apart:

2sessions_shark_-final.50percent-St

Edited by gorann