Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first attempt at Mars with new camera

lee g

So this is how it turned out after running it through Registax. I took it using my new Zwo asi224mc it took a bit of playing about with and reading a ton of posts and watching hours of video but I feel this looks half decent it’s definitely more detail than I ever managed with my webcam. Quite pleased I must say 😁

20AB8ADA-B619-4152-9726-9B444F31661A.png

• Like 9

Thats really nice lots of detail like you say. You can get rid of the green cast really easily in registax, just open it up and click on RGB balance then click auto... it will align the histograms of the channels and give you a good red colour. 

P.S. this is the observing section, I'm sure one of the lovely mods will move it to imaging for you! 

18 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

...P.S. this is the observing section, I'm sure one of the lovely mods will move it to imaging for you! 

Have to make do with an unlovely one !

I've left a link in the original posting location so people can find it from both places.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John said:

Have to make do with an unlovely one !

I've left a link in the original posting location so people can find it from both places.

apologies and thanks i think i was so pleased with myself and excited to share that i lost concentration

On 12/09/2020 at 16:41, lee g said:

So this is how it turned out after running it through Registax. I took it using my new Zwo asi224mc it took a bit of playing about with and reading a ton of posts and watching hours of video but I feel this looks half decent it’s definitely more detail than I ever managed with my webcam. Quite pleased I must say 😁

20AB8ADA-B619-4152-9726-9B444F31661A.png

I ran your picture through GIMP 2.10.20

Mars New.png

This is through Topaz Labs DeNoise AI

1215732896_Mars-DeNoiseAI-low-lightnew.png.7375b8a747565671705d872d63cfb8fb.png

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1