Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Barlow lens for Celestron Firstscope 114EQ

Ajinkya

Hi @Ajinkya and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

I am not au-fait with your particular 'scope or how good the supplied e/p's are, but does it accept 1.25" ? - if "Yes!" then I would go for a 2x Barlow or upgrade the supplied e/p's. Not sure of where you are, so I guess you do most of your astro-purchases online. Anything more than 2x, maybe overkill.

If you want bigger or better views, at some point you will need to invest in a bigger or better 'scope. Unfortunately no 'scope does all in this hobby, and some SGL'ers, myself included, have more than one 'scope to play with.

Apologies in advance if I appear to be negative.

Hi Ajinkya and welcome 🙂 

One of these would likely suffice for the scope you have and not be unduly expensive.

image.png.a728cdae517dcfa1f10fb1d84a85a631.png

You could retain it for use with another scope if you decide to upgrade later on. As already mentioned, upgrading the eyepieces later on would also be worthwhile and be a significant improvement to the supplied ones. Again these can be retained to use on another scope if you decide to upgrade later. When/if you decide to upgrade the eyepieces or scope please do come back and ask as you'll get good advice. Don't go buying the celestron eyepiece & filter kit for example as you'll be spending on some things that are included that you may never use with this scope.

21 minutes ago, Ajinkya said:

Hi Philip and Dave

apologies for late reply and thank you for your replies 

i didn’t realise until just how that you guys have replied.

I am based in Reading 

i will check Amazon for Barlow lens 

thanks

ajinkya

Reading, UK 🇬🇧 or Reading, US 🇺🇸 ?