SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, GRS, Oval BA, Io Transit and the 1st Outbreak 28/08/2020

Aussie Dave

On the 28th of April 2020 I had good seeing conditions from Mandurah Western Australia for Jupiter and the Great Red Spot with Oval BA, Io moon transit and the first Jupiter outbreak. The larger version was resized larger in RegiStax6 with the smaller version being normal sized.

Captured in SharpCap 3.2, aligned and stacked in AutoStakkert 3, wavelets and resized larger in RegiStax 6, edited in PaintDotNet.
Saxon 8" Maksutov Cassegrain, ZWO ASI224MC, SkyWatcher EQ6 Pro.

1666603417_JupiterGRSIoMoonTransitOvalBAOutbreak-8inMak224mc27thAug2020.png.3ea585823dd53cac9aff7367201a5ac7.png

From the 8 videos that I captured over about a 45 minute time period I created an animated gif of the 8 resized larger stacked images which shows where Io was.

2138250492_JupiterOvalBAIoMoonandShadowTransitOutbreak1animated.gif.a3f3e34972b6f030159c53d257888b79.gif

Edited by Aussie Dave
typo in title
  • Like 14

Incredible!! 

I have a question. In line with the banding beneath the moon, there is a lighter spot over a dark area. As the planet rotates, it goes from appearing in the surface gases, to being in the atmosphere above it.

Any idea what it might be? Comparing it to the size of Jupiter it has to be very large.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Incredible!! 

I have a question. In line with the banding beneath the moon, there is a lighter spot over a dark area. As the planet rotates, it goes from appearing in the surface gases, to being in the atmosphere above it.

Any idea what it might be? Comparing it to the size of Jupiter it has to be very large.

Do you mean the moon Io to the left of its shadow?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markse68 said:

amazing detail and great animation. Have you got more frames to have io leaving the disk? 

No that's all I got for the night markse68. I have limited hard drive space on my laptop, it has a small hard drive.

2 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

Do you mean the moon Io to the left of its shadow?

2 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Yes that could be what I'm seeing. It's the shadow that is dark and the moon to the left!

I'm looking at all these incredible images on my phone.

yep that would be Io 🙂