Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Refractor

10 year? FLO's page says 2 years. But I agree, for £40 difference I'd go new and be sure to have all the parts and support from a good supplier. 

edit - just saw your post Neil, depends how quick you need to have it I guess, how new is it and can warranty be transferred to you?

Edited by DaveL59

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

This scope does come with an extended 10 year warrantee to the original purchaser. Not sure if it can be transfered to a second owner. Might be worth asking Bresser.

62594F00-8B38-4213-9CE9-057EF70BAA17.jpeg

It has all the paper work with it even the cd disc

Even if it's the current model with the hex focuser your seller is asking 87% of the new price!

Around here we would say he's "having a laugh."

In your position I would offer £200 & go to £220 if necessary.

If he agreed I would have a worthwhile discount on the new price.

If not I would buy new and get the dealer support, extended warranty and no quibble returns policy.

• Like 1

Thing is, new it's worth that from a supplier. Used, it's worth what someone will pay. Same with cars etc. You lose on the warranty which you can't really price until you need something and that could be a lot more than the difference. How likely that is you'll never know until...

But the important thing here is it's your call, if it fits the bill and you're happy to accept the risk etc and you can have it in your hands quite quickly.

• Like 1

Make sure its got the tube rings/cradle/bar with it. 130mm rings are as rare as hens teeth in Europe. You can get the Skywatcher 140mm and shim out with extra felt but not ideal. I got an  Agena astro set of 127mm rings with Vixen bar used from a guy in the States for $40. A bit beefier than the synta ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Pic in the ad shows the tube rings althpugh think you will want to change the dovetail bar.

C509EAF3-92D7-4BCA-AFC5-604D88CAEECA.jpeg

Dew shield looks longer than the Messier 127L that I used to have and the objective cell looks different as well. The one above looks more like a 102mm to me :icon_scratch:

This was my Bresser 127L:

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-12764-133877426236.jpg

The nearly new Bresser Messier 127l for sale @ £270 in Stevenage is the new version with the hexfocuser but doesn't appear to have any rings with it. Orion optics make custom rings but will only do the CNC rings at this size. The cost of which for a scope like this is not really justifiable. At £270  with no rings I would just get a new one from FLO @£309.

39 minutes ago, Franklin said:

The nearly new Bresser Messier 127l for sale @ £270 in Stevenage is the new version with the hexfocuser but doesn't appear to have any rings with it. Orion optics make custom rings but will only do the CNC rings at this size. The cost of which for a scope like this is not really justifiable. At £270  with no rings I would just get a new one from FLO @£309.

This is the one i am looking at it says it has mount handle so i ask him if it has rings 

If does not have rings i wont be buying it