ZWO EFW Mini. Wheel grating noise

Icesheet

Hi,

I have an issue with my Zwo EFW Mini. There hasn’t been any problems previously. When I send the filter wheel to location 4 it makes a grating/ grinding noise and ends up giving an error warning on the ASIair pro. 

I’m not the most handy person so before so open this up has anyone had this issue before and can help me?

Thanks in advance 

Chris

Ok thanks for the tip! I removed the extension tube from the front of the filter wheel and it cycled through with no issue. There doesn’t appear to be anything in front of filter 4 so it’s clearly catching on the thread of the extension tube. The strange thing about that is it’s the extension I’ve always used and never had an issue before. So the filter wheel plate must have shifted somehow?

Edited by Icesheet

I just cycled through each filter wheel location from the front. At location four the wheel doesn’t seem to ‘lock’ in place. That is I can easily shift the wheel with my finger. In all other locations it feels ‘locked in in and there is not much give when I try and move with my finger. 

Is it safe to remove the internal wheel itself?

Thats weird, on my EFW mini I can move the carousel easily with my finger in all positions.  I have no idea about the mechanics and workings of the FW itself so can't help there sorry!  If I were you I would try to find an extension tube with shorter threads to replace the current one. I dont know why it would suddenly start fouling now, has it had a knock at all?? Maybe the carousel is tilted?