SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Strange goings on with the sun this morning

AstroNebulee

Hi

I quickly took these photos of the sun as it was beginning to rise this morning, I was careful not to look at it and it was filtering between some clouds at the time. Can you see another bright disc that seem to move up into the cloud, also on the brighter sun photo there's a bulge on the middle right top side. I was careful not to look at the sun I was just taking burst photos at the time with a remote lead. It was taken through a window but can't see how that would make the extra bright disc, excuse me if it's something simple and I'm being thick lol. 

download_20200910_193013.jpg

download_20200910_193015.jpg

download_20200910_193019.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonathan said:

Bright light sources do strange things through multi-element lenses.  Are you certain the second disc wasn't a spec of dust on the lens?

Thank you for your reply, I'm certain there wasn't any specks on my smartphone lens, but as you say the lens on the smartphone may of caught the light at a funny angle

58 minutes ago, LeeHore7 said:

excuse me if it's something simple and I'm being thick lol.

Lovely images Lee, I think you have discovered that our Sun is infact a Double Star, which will now be called the LeeHore7 Double. 😉...........or

Clean your windows. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Lovely images Lee, I think you have discovered that our Sun is infact a Double Star, which will now be called the LeeHore7 Double. 😉...........or

Clean your windows. 

Woohoo I'm claiming that thanks Mick haha, all this time and there was another star behind the sun 😉 Obviously I know there wasn't anything else around the sun just thought it was such a strange image I've never seen on anything taken before 

• Like 1