Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Using PH2 tonight but every time I attempt to calibrate of guide the programme keeps closing down. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc. But no joy!

A bit more info required, i.e. what hardware, OS, other software installed etc. ??

Hi Julian,

I have loaded the most up to date ASCOM drivers and am using Windows OS (latest version). Also, I uninstalled PH2 and fully reinstalled the software. The shutdown only occurs if I attempt to calibrate on a guide star. 

So before I go rambling off in a wrong direction, the software you are having issues with is PHD2 (https://openphdguiding.org/) and not some other software ?? if so what camera & mount are you using, and version of PHD2 ? and any additional software e.g. EQMod, camera drivers etc ??

Edited by Dr_Ju_ju

Certainly need more info.  

Operating system ? Windows -   XP, 7, 8, 10 ?

PH2 ? do you mean PHD2 ?

What computer are you using ?

Your still not giving us all the info we need to be able to help you....  i.e. what camera(s) [guider & main ??] your using etc...  tell us your full setup addicts & all software etc. !! 

Have you installed the correct driver for your particular mount and camera , how are you connecting the mount to the computer st4 or pulse guiding?

Hi guys,

So I’ve tried connecting with ST4 and via EQMOD cable etc. My guide camera is a ZWO120 mini and my mount is HEQ5. To date I have ensured all my drivers are fully up to date (ZWO, ASCOM, EQMOD) and have also used two different laptops (both windows 10). The problem remains the same. I can get a visual view on guide scope once I start looping, but when I attempt to either calibrate on a guide star or begin guiding sequence, the whole PHD2 closes down. Effectively it’ll only allow me passive viewing using looping function, but calibration or attempting to guide causes a shut down of program?

I’ve tried PHD2 help group but not much joy.

I thought the PHD2 Help site was quite helpful, they pointed out you were using what appears to be the Filter Wheel driver.

So have you now tried the correct drivers ?

Michael