SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from The Hague

Goverman

Hi all,

I hereby introduce myself to this forum! My hometown is The Hague, the Netherlands.

Last year my interest in astronomy was renewed after a long time, so I bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130P. Since then I have upgraded this reflector with better eyepieces (32 mm, Baader 8-24 mm, 4 mm TMB clone) and recently a Skywatcher AZ-GTI mount. I have been able to try it just once under cloudy skies (something with bad weather and new astrogear...), it works.

The Hague is one of the worst places in the world to hunt for celestial objects 😞, mainly because of nearby greenhouses in the Westland Area. On a bright side (pun intended) we do get lots of fresh vegetables and flowers thanks to those greenhouses. Nevertheless, it is a little frustrating not being able to find some objects (M32, M33) with my Heritage. However, planets, moon and lots of other objects go well. Recently I joined our local observatory in Rijswijk.

This image shows it (the large white dot along the dutch shore is where I live...:

eathobservatory_belgium_small.jpg?itok=4

I am here to gather tips, tricks and tweaks on astronomy and astrogear. :):)

Edited by Goverman
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome to the forum. This is the right place to be.
The Netherlands are not the best place for this hobby, especially not where you live...
Beside the light pollution the weather is not really co-operative either... Especially not when you just bought new gear, as you found out.
Good to hear you found your way back into Astronomy and nice to see another countryman! Have great fun!

Edited by Waldemar

• 2 weeks later...