Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody Fancy A 3,200 Megapixel Camera 😁

johninderby

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

Don't think it’s going to fit your WO Redcat 51. 😁😁😁

Forget about Redcat, that solar panel looking contraption won’t even fit in my obsy.

I wonder if they are going to use Pixinsight or APP to stack all the subframes.

Code we developed might be used reducing those data, for faint, extended object detection in particular. Actually, 3.2 Gpixel images aren't the biggest we have processed. Our current record stands at 165 Gpixel remote sensing data, and we hope to tackle a 1.5 terapixel image some time soon

On 09/09/2020 at 12:47, DaveS said:

Um...

You know how much our size of Astrodon filters cost? How much for the filters *that* size! :eek:.

Something like this?

spacer.png

I was lucky enough to get a personal tour of the Institute of Astro Physics in Marseille and saw this narrowband filter under development. It was destined for the VLT and subsequently for the OWL. Being a tad large for the average draw tube it's designed to sit in the middle of one of the azimuth bearings at the Nasmyth focus. It can isolate tiny fractions of a Nm at wavelengths going well beyond the visible spectrum in both directions. And therein lies our single ray of hope: you'd only need to buy one!

😁lly

Edited by ollypenrice