SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What connector?

The connectors on Skywatcher mounts are GX12 2-pin which is what the one in your picture looks like. Measure the outside diameter of the plug fixed to the mount. It should be 12mm. GX16 are 16mm diameter and are often used on Comms equipment. I have both sizes and the GX12 fits the Skywatcher mounts.

You can buy them for next to nothing for a pack of 10 from China, if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, or pay extra for UK dispatched ones. 🙂

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, symmetal said:

The connectors on Skywatcher mounts are GX12 2-pin which is what the one in your picture looks like. Measure the outside diameter of the plug fixed to the mount. It should be 12mm. GX16 are 16mm diameter and are often used on Comms equipment. I have both sizes and the GX12 fits the Skywatcher mounts.

You can buy them for next to nothing for a pack of 10 from China, if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, or pay extra for UK dispatched ones. 🙂

Alan

I did question mark my reply as OP did not state for what usage good spot there @symmetal my mount does not use these connections

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These connectors don't seem to be available from any of the main component distributors, and only seem to be found on ebay, aliexpress etc. They look similar to those used in the aviation industry, hence the name, but I think plane manufacturers would use main brand components and not these ones. 😀

Alan