SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

B174

Allinthehead

Still testing and tuning the Epsilon 130, I believe I have a pinched mirror due to over tightening the mirror clips. I also want to mask out the mirror clips to remove the reflections around the brighter stars so still work to do.

This is just 3 hours in 180 second subs. I upped the gain to 100 and trialed using dark flats instead of darks. I ended up with a much cleaner stack than before so i might continue with gain 100 and gather some short exposures for the stars.

Asi2600 through a Tak Epsilon 130 mounted on an AzEq6

Processed in PI, APP and PS.

Richard.

stars30sc1.thumb.png.d1dbcbced50c802c11dba8ea7749fef8.png 

• Like 18

Fantastic Star Field - the problems of which you speak are perhaps in your high resolution image only - nothing amiss that I can see here (except maybe on that brightest star - which is still OK). Nice one 👍

1 hour ago, Kinch said:

Fantastic Star Field - the problems of which you speak are perhaps in your high resolution image only - nothing amiss that I can see here (except maybe on that brightest star - which is still OK). Nice one 👍

Thanks Brendan, all easily fixed issues. The reflection is pretty ugly though, looks a little like a radioactive symbol.

radio.png.18a92ff0e81f5474c0974bc1b4284808.png

That is an excellent result Richard. The "radioactive" star issue is really minor. You clearly got the right chip distance and no tilt since the stars are nice and round over the whole field.

Come to think of it, you must have done this under a nearly full moon - that is extraordinary.

Edited by gorann

3 hours ago, gorann said:

That is an excellent result Richard. The "radioactive" star issue is really minor. You clearly got the right chip distance and no tilt since the stars are nice and round over the whole field.

Come to think of it, you must have done this under a nearly full moon - that is extraordinary.

Thanks Gorann, no it's not a huge issue on these stars at least but on the brightest of stars it really is quite distracting. It's easily fixed so I might as well. You're correct about the moon, it was at 85% but it was quite low and in the opposite direction. My biggest challenge with this image was the cloud, i got 100 subs but could stack only 60.

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Shitstar

😂 Thanks Dave, Is it driving you nuts? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Slowly, keep throwing money at it hoping to make life easier 😂

Dave

I think an Epsilon might have been cheaper at this rate😄 although where's the fun in that.

I just finished removing my primary to effectively mask off the clips with a black marker😯, a very crude effort. You're going to hate me, even after removing the mirror clips when I reassembled it still held collimation. 🤭

Might be worth having a mask made up, anyone have a 3d printer?

Edited by Allinthehead