Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EKOS - Is there a way to name images as they are saved

I can see there are a few options of  what to name images  by adding a prefix, dush as target name. and then blindly adding filter, duration and time stamp but is there a way to change this, add other details or just change the format of the time stamp for example.

I am not sure what the Script entry allows you to do or how to use it, I am just searching for an answer now in Google but thought the best experts will be on SGL anyway so thought I would ask as well 🙂 

image.png.9b50bc34c77e0216aa23dd9db1b7d75e.png

Steve

Hi Steve, If you platesolve the Prefix will usually be the object you've centered on i.e M42 then TS for the time and filter duration etc.

So you end up with a name like: 

M101_Light_Red_30_secs_2020-03-16T20-36-04_028.fits

If you are note platesolving or want to alter the name you can just manually type in 'Moon' or whatever and the rest is still added to that

I've not used the Script facility, but the manual says:

Script: Specify an optional script to be executed after each capture is complete. The full path of the script must be specified and it must executable. To denote success, the script must return zero as this would allow the sequence to continue. If a non-zero value is returned by the script, the sequence is aborted.

So you can rename, move or even process each frame after its taken, must try that out :)

Good Luck 

• Thanks 1