Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Space Oddities

NGC7000 with the Fujifilm X-T3

Bonjour!

I just spent a couple weeks in the region Dordogne, in southern France. A lovely Bortle-almost-3 zone, and for once, with a garden. I realize what a luxury it is to have a garden with 360° view of the night sky! As someone who's living in a small apartment and having just a bike to drag all my gear to a public park... I could now literally image from my bed! :) 

Anyway, here is one of the targets I've been imaging. I wanted to test the Optolong L-eNhance with my daytime camera, the mighty little Fujifilm X-T3. I am really surprised at how well this stock camera handled the Ha! 

Here is a single 5 min sub, at ISO 1600, that I quickly processed with Lightroom on my iPad. The Moon was full!

My setup:

• Fujifilm X-T3 (APS-C 26mp IMX571)
  • Sky Watcher AZ-GTi in EQ mode (with WO's awesome polar wedge)
  • William Optics WhiteCat 51 
  • Optolong L-eNhance 2"
  • ZWO ASIAIR
  • ZWO ASI120MM Mini, with 130mm f/4 guide scope

24FD2978-7BE3-4B7D-A96C-E37C854A9161.thumb.jpeg.67aa20fbdd5fb506baeea95b815a6065.jpeg

I captured about 4 hours worth of subs, but some of them need to be thrown away. I had the dither mode activated on the ASIAIR from previous sessions with my ASI1600, and since the X-T3 doesn't communicate with the ASIAIR, I believe the dithering happened while the camera was imaging. Luckily though, I'd say at least 75% of the subs look fine. I'll stack everything later and see what I got!

I also seem to have a slight spacing issue, I saw some elongated or weirdly shaped stars in the corners. I'm not sure I brought the right spacers and connectors. But well, as a beginner, that's really not a huge concern!

Pardon the poor processing, having only an iPad with me, I couldn't balance colors precisely. The final image should be more appealing! Still, I'd love to have your feedbacks!

Clear skies! :) 

• Like 6

That's come out very nice, it is a target I want try with 330mm Borg.

Alan

• Like 1