SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi everyone - Despite moonlight and some haze last night I thought I'd try a speculative shot of M13. 8" SCT on HEQ-5 Pro with Samsung Galaxy S10 in night mode, single shot, no fancy stuff. Came out quite well. I normally photograph the moon; I attach an old shot from that great period of weather back in April-June. The scope was undriven on an old alt-az mount, and the phone hand-held for that one.

20200905_223101.jpg

20200529_225658.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Philip Terry said:

Hi everyone - Despite moonlight and some haze last night I thought I'd try a speculative shot of M13. 8" SCT on HEQ-5 Pro with Samsung Galaxy S10 in night mode, single shot, no fancy stuff. Came out quite well. I normally photograph the moon; I attach an old shot from that great period of weather back in April-June. The scope was undriven on an old alt-az mount, and the phone hand-held for that one.

20200905_223101.jpg

20200529_225658.jpg

So clear 👍

Hi John  - Thanks! The Night mode is a standard feature on the S10 phone. It seems to take extended duration shots for as long as it deems necessary; interestingly, the timing does seem to vary a fair bit, even for the same object. I believe that there are apps that can do this or give you more control.

• Thanks 1