SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AZEQ6 uncommanded slews ??

jarbi

Hi,

All of a sudden my AZEQ6 started a very strange behaviour in DEC.

When I connect the mount via EQMOD and I send a Goto command to slew to a target, It stops for a second when the slew reaches the target coordinates( I see in in the EMOD monitor). After that, my mount is doing 5 more consequent slews in DEC without any visible reason ( tried with different targets). In the EQMOD monitor it shows no change in coordinates, but actually is slew about 10 degrees in DEC. When I send the mount to the Home position, this DEC offset stays, so it doesn't return to the original Home position.

There is one single clue : when I disable the encoders in EQMOD, the mount works fine. 

What I have tried so far: 

- I have reinstalled the motor controller firmware, it is still 2.11.05

- reinstalled EQMOD from scratch

- Resynced the encoders in EQMOD

- I always do reset alignment data + Reset sync data before the first Goto

- I have checked the DEC encoder, no visible damage. Reseated the encoder connectors.

Non of these solved the issue. It would be great if someone had an idea what is going on here....

Cheers,

Janos

Are you using a wireless game pad by any chance.  The only time I tried to use one, I wasn't getting any response initially, then after several tries, suddenly the mount " played catch up" with multiple slews. 

I am not suggesting this is necessarily anything to do with your problem, but it might suggest a "clue".

Carole   

30 minutes ago, carastro said:

Are you using a wireless game pad by any chance.  The only time I tried to use one, I wasn't getting any response initially, then after several tries, suddenly the mount " played catch up" with multiple slews. 

I am not suggesting this is necessarily anything to do with your problem, but it might suggest a "clue".

Carole   

Carole,

Thanks for chiming in. My mount is connected to the PC with en EQMOD cable, and the slew is initiated from SGpro. So there is no gamepad involved,

Cheers,

Janos

• Like 1

I agree with David, the encoders are worthless for imaging and I'm sure they were interfering with my guiding.

They're for visual use where you unlock the clutches and manually move the mount around. 

Have you got plate solving working in SGP? This will get you bang on where you want to be night after night.  To use this you must disable the mount model in EQMOD by setting it to Dialogue Based and clearing out any existing alignment points.