Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Konkelo

New Raspberry PI night sky software

14 minutes ago, han59 said:

@ bokser01, vaše poslední dva obrázky vypadají falešně.

They are photographed on mateotux 60s exposure and 10 gain. folded and edited in the astro program. This is what the original meteotux looks like

7e92040ff9a6cbf5dabaf63e710acecd.jpg

Edited by bokser01

Are these jpg's stored on the SD card for viewing later or live on a monitor?

Looked into this and I can see that they are stored on the SD card.

Edited by Tomatobro
new info

On 14/11/2020 at 10:00, bokser01 said:

spacer.png

I'm adding a photo of 48 photos each per minute of exposure. Edited and composed in the astrophoto program. The result is fascinating :)

If this image is 48 x 60 sec exposures how have you managed to keep the static foreground and the stars sharp???

Edited by Skipper Billy

Reading up on this software I think that you set the exposure at (say) 200 ms per Jpg and the number of exposures to stack in the time interval set.

I guess the wide angle lens would be very forgiving over 60 seconds.

11 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

Reading up on this software I think that you set the exposure at (say) 200 ms per Jpg and the number of exposures to stack in the time interval set.

I guess the wide angle lens would be very forgiving over 60 seconds.

Understood but if you stack on the stars then the static foreground would be blurred and if you stack on the foreground then the stars would be blurred unless i am missing something and being really thick !! 😉 

• Like 1

I have a Pi zero, a wide angle lens, a plastic dome so might give this a go. I will get a HD camera and ribbon cable from the Pi Hut.

I will post an image if it works out.

Pixel peeping leads me to think that the software stacks on the stars. The trees land roof line look a bit soft.

Edited by Tomatobro
viewed image

On 22. 11. 2020 at 15:37, Skipper Billy said:

Rozumím, ale pokud stohujete na hvězdy, statické popředí by bylo rozmazané a pokud byste stohovali na popředí, hvězdy by byly rozmazané, pokud mi něco chybí a je opravdu tlustý !! 😉 

Hello, guys! It is obvious that you have never worked with astroprograms, otherwise you would have surely noticed that some programs can "fix ground", thus the ground appearence is maintained and is not biased towards stars and vice versa

15 minutes ago, bokser01 said:

It is obvious that you have never worked with astroprograms,

I certainly would not go quoting the above... 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 14:37, Skipper Billy said:

Understood but if you stack on the stars then the static foreground would be blurred and if you stack on the foreground then the stars would be blurred unless i am missing something and being really thick !! 😉 

35 minutes ago, bokser01 said:

Hello, guys! It is obvious that you have never worked with astroprograms, otherwise you would have surely noticed that some programs can "fix ground", thus the ground appearence is maintained and is not biased towards stars and vice versa

I guess that response is aimed at me???

I was just asking what I thought was a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner.

If you cant answer it in a reasonable way then please don't bother replying at all.

I think this might be mild case of google-translathitis and not ill intent?

Edited by vlaiv
  • Like 1