Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1318 - Gamma Cygni (Sadr)

Backyard Space Dude

First SHO palette image I've done. The processing was NOT easy! I started from scratch multiple times, but I've got the hang of it now. I think a lot of it had to do with the Sii and Oiii data being quite bad. I think it's time I moved over to PI...

Total integration time is roughly 5 hours in 180 second sub exposures.
SW 80ED DS-Pro
ZWO 7nm SHO filters
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro
SW NEQ6 Pro
ZWO ASIAir Pro
SiriL
StarNet++
Adobe Photoshop CC

50302297942_af506e5dd9_o.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Backyard Space Dude said:

First SHO palette image I've done. The processing was NOT easy! I started from scratch multiple times, but I've got the hang of it now. I think a lot of it had to do with the Sii and Oiii data being quite bad. I think it's time I moved over to PI...

Total integration time is roughly 5 hours in 180 second sub exposures.
SW 80ED DS-Pro
ZWO 7nm SHO filters
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro
SW NEQ6 Pro
ZWO ASIAir Pro
SiriL
StarNet++
Adobe Photoshop CC

50302297942_af506e5dd9_o.jpg

Beautiful! 
love the colour palette! 
well done 👏 👏👏

thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words everyone, that's some nice positive reinforcement! 

On 03/09/2020 at 21:40, MartinFransson said:

You´ve got some great detail in there and the colours look right to me! O3 is a pain in the... if you don´t have enough data :) I often find myself collecting as much O3 as the Ha and S2 combined and still feel it´s way to noisy.

Yes, great idea! I think I'll be looking at upgrading the Oiii filter before any of the others, too. That should help!

33 minutes ago, Backyard Space Dude said:

Thanks for your kind words everyone, that's some nice positive reinforcement! 

Yes, great idea! I think I'll be looking at upgrading the Oiii filter before any of the others, too. That should help!

Its not the filter. OIII and SII aren't as strong as Ha in most targets so the SNR is lower. That's why they look noisier.

Great image BTW!

• Like 1

On 05/09/2020 at 12:09, david_taurus83 said:

Its not the filter. OIII and SII aren't as strong as Ha in most targets so the SNR is lower. That's why they look noisier.

Great image BTW!

Thanks! My thinking was that a premium and narrower OIII filter would allow me to get better data, particularly as it's affected so much more by the moon? I feel like if I'm going to purchase filters as and when I can afford them, then OIII should be the first one to get as Ha looks great even with my 7nm filter, and OIII is the next most common emission type. I feel like it would make the biggest difference to my images so I should go for that one first?