SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars on 1st September.

Taman

My first attempt at Mars.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out, despite being taken in poor conditions!

Celestron C11 at f25 (7000mm). ASI120MC-S camera, 20ms exposures at 30 gain taken with ASIStudio ASICap.

Best 100 out of 18000 frames, de-rotated with WinJupos. RGB channels were processed separately with Autostakkert and Registax, with final processing in Photoshop.

MarsHiRes.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Very nice, would like to see what you could get with good seeing if it's ever available. 

Thank you!  I took this through high cloud, and was amazed how much detail came out. Lots of processing to get it to this stage though!

Fingers crossed for some nice weather!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice! Gotta love those Martian morning mists by the limb 

Thanks! I thought it was just sun glare. There is a faint pinkish patch around the 8 o' clock position which shows on several frames. Not sure what it is though.

31 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

That's Hellas basin, its usually a light orange colour but colour can change probably due to the mists and possibly dust too

Not sure how accurate the colour is. I've gone with what came off the camera and not saturated it much. Need to find a map of Mars to identify some of the features.

Really hoping to try this again with better conditions! 

Tony.

13 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Thats a superb image lots of nice detail on show.

Thanks Martyn! I'm really chuffed with the result! 😁

Tony.

Edited by Taman