Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

alan4908

M100 and friends

I decided to reprocess my M100 data from last year.  This time, I decided to present the image in a much wider field of view, which has the benefit of highlighting the various background galaxies. The other notable changes are that the blue spiral arms are emphasized more and the overall brightness of the central galaxy has been increased.  At just over 12 hours integration time, this was taken with my Esprit 150. 

Alan

88497119_Finalblendcrop.thumb.jpg.d2edd43c649dfbdefecdce8f6d593a4c.jpg

1500773205_18.Final_blend_crop_Annotated.thumb.jpg.1af32451a81777212b7311ac30787050.jpg

The original version is here: 

• Like 27

First class image Alan - very nicely done and a worthwhile improvement on the original in my view.

Yes, an excellent re-process.

19 hours ago, x6gas said:

First class image Alan - very nicely done and a worthwhile improvement on the original in my view.

Thanks - I don't often reprocess but I'm pleased that this time. 

18 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Yes, an excellent re-process.

Thanks for the comment. :happy11:

17 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Lovely image Alan and very nicely reprocessed 

Dave

Many thanks Dave. :hello:

It's good! Everything in place and ship-shape.

Olly

23 hours ago, Kaliska said:

That is beautiful.

Thanks !

13 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It's good! Everything in place and ship-shape.

Olly

Many thanks for your comment Olly. :hello: