Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello All

Concretedan

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday night’s looking pretty good at the moment, and as I don’t have work on Monday, I’m seriously thinking of a major (all night) session, what’ll probably be the last chance before the colder nights set in.... the question is whether to make it a back garden night, or head down to creech /steeple.... to be confirmed 😀

Edited by kev100

I'd be up for meeting at Creech Car Park although I'd probably only do a couple of hours (visual with my LX90) as I do have work on Monday!  Still it would be good to get away from the lights in Poole for a bit!  Let me know if you're heading up there.

12 hours ago, Concretedan said:

I'd be up for meeting at Creech Car Park although I'd probably only do a couple of hours (visual with my LX90) as I do have work on Monday!  Still it would be good to get away from the lights in Poole for a bit!  Let me know if you're heading up there.

Hiya, what time are you thinking of heading out? 

Hi, I got out for a couple of hours with my binoculars rather than my scope as I pulled my back a bit earlier in the day!  It was good to meet Kev though (albeit for a brief period) as I've not met anyone from this online club before so it was good to put a real face to a name!  Skies were great with a lovely view of the Milky Way.  Hopefully we can arrange something similar between us all in the not too distant future.

Edited by Concretedan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Concretedan said:

Hi, I got out for a couple of hours with my binoculars rather than my scope as I pulled my back a bit earlier in the day!  It was good to meet Kev though (albeit for a brief period) as I've not met anyone from this online club before so it was good to put a real face to a name!  Skies were great with a lovely view of the Milky Way.  Hopefully we can arrange something similar between us all in the not too distant future.

Hi Dan, it was nice to meet you too. Really enjoyed the evening, had some great views of Saturn, Jupiter and Mars (the latter was amazing, and looked just like some of the photos I've seen recently on Twitter!). Although I'd planned to make it a really late one, I decided to pack up around midnight. It was still quite blustery, and although it looked clear enough, I wasn't having any luck with the fainter galaxies.

Top evening :)