Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Post: Mars 0100am Sep 1

Lamaule

Hey everyone,

I've been itching to get out an I thought I'd take the plunge last night - even if the weather looked dubious.  I ended up having a whale of a time, and although I went out to get Jupiter I quickly got sidetracked by Mars.  Anyway, it's my first post on the forum, and judging by other's threads I wasn't alone enjoying the semi-clear skies!

Mars_01_27_34_pipp_Big.jpg.d453a99556994f62e53733d017d613dc.jpg

Edited by Lamaule
formatting
  • Like 14

That's an excellent image Lamaule. Welcome to SGL!   I observed Mars last night visually and made a sketch, but in less than good conditions as the seeing was very turbulent. Your image though has confirmed some of the subtle detail I saw in the northern hemisphere. Can you remember the time of your image in UT?  I think our meridians differ slightly but much of the detail is the same.  EXCELLENT!

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

That's an excellent image Lamaule. Welcome to SGL!   I observed Mars last night visually and made a sketch, but in less than good conditions as the seeing was very turbulent. Your image though has confirmed some of the subtle detail I saw in the northern hemisphere. Can you remember the time of your image in UT?  I think our meridians differ slightly but much of the detail is the same.  EXCELLENT!

Hey Mike,

Thank you for the kind words - and it's nice to be on board.  I'm not really experienced enough yet to be able to assess the seeing, but I am pretty sure it wasn't good here either as my attempts a Saturn and Jupiter weren't brilliant.  I think the UT was 00:27 looking at the filename.

• Like 1