SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did you do to your imaging Kit today ????

CCD-Freak

This is a usually fun thread on the other side of the pond so I thought I would get it going here.

Today I made a custom bracket to attach a ZWO EAF focus motor to an older Orion 10" F4.7 Newt I am fixing up for imaging.  It uses the finder shoe for attachment.

What did you do today ??????

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

Orion 10 focus motor-3.JPG

• Like 1

I purchased M8 hex key bolt to replace Star Adventurer wedge clamping one because I put AzGti head on it and it won't turn in RA (former azimuth) because of that clamping screw.

Nice little and necessary mod - cost me total of about 10 euro cents (0.1e).

image.png.85c66c9a1b239b5b78aece7a981c6ac6.png

I also checked numerous times status of my shipment from FLO - last update still from 26th - "Item leaving UK" at LANGLEY HWDC. Does this count?

It is for imaging rig - T2-Canon EOS adapter (eos lens to T2 astro camera - that I'll put on AzGTI).

1 hour ago, CCD-Freak said:

This is a usually fun thread on the other side of the pond so I thought I would get it going here.

Today I made a custom bracket to attach a ZWO EAF focus motor to an older Orion 10" F4.7 Newt I am fixing up for imaging.  It uses the finder shoe for attachment.

What did you do today ??????

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

Orion 10 focus motor-3.JPG

Thats a nice mod John.  I use the same scope for imaging, a rebranded SW version.  My rubber focusing wheel covers disintegrated and fell of years ago!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thats a nice mod John.  I use the same scope for imaging, a rebranded SW version.  My rubber focusing wheel covers disintegrated and fell of years ago!

I am surprised the rubber covers are still on the knobs after all these years.  I am sure they will fall off at some point.  I am getting this scope ready for imaging and I hope to give it a good trial run out at Copper Breaks SP (one of my favorite dark sites) at the next new moon.  

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

• Like 1

In all truth its a couple of weeks ago, so not something i did TODAY, but:

Was going to do the EQ Rail kit mod to my EQ6, and it turned out the shim for easing the movement of wedge altitude was crushed a bit up in the mechanics.
So i found out that a Pringles-lid shares the same thickness exactly, and about the same stiffness so i made a new one out of it and it worked as a dream:)

20200819_212328.thumb.jpg.ea6b7e20ba386a49a617748358dbab3f.jpg

20200819_212359.thumb.jpg.9f3ae56fdc47937ac5d7754af610c509.jpg20200820_001749.thumb.jpg.97ef3e55ed7549d7347bada80f28fab6.jpg

• Like 1