Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CPWI internet connection

Ratcatcher

Hi everybody, I am looking for a little help again!

It regards connecting my Celestron Astrofi to the internet via my BT router.

To fill out a little more info, I am using CPWI software to control my Astrofi 125mm scmitt/cass. There are a few ways of doing this, the first being a built in WIFI hot spot generated within the mount and you connect to this with your laptop. This works very well as long as you are within about 20 to30 feet of the scope.

Another method is to connect the mount to your network via your home router. The big advantage of this is you can then control the scope from your nice and warm front room rather than freezing half to death outside!

This is achieved by giving your mounts WIFI the SSID and password of your router. ( I will not detail the procedure for this as this part is working) You then move the switch on the mount to its second position .

You then should be able to connect your laptop ( or desk top) to your router again, open CPWI and away you go.

My problem is it works up to the point of changing the mounts WiFi switch to the second position.  I re-connect my laptop to my router, open CPWI and I get a message saying that it can not connect to the mount.

I have been able to check that it has the SSID and password are correctly stored.

Anybody had any success with this and a BT router? if so any advice you can offer will be very much appreciated .

Kind regards

Mike